- “Slothpital” clinic
- NICU—infant sloths in incubators
- Nursery—rescued baby sloths
- Rehabilitation exercise & climbing practice area
- Light breakfast or lunch with Buttercup™ in her hanging basket chair
- View tropical lowland rainforest wildlife and plants from aboard a stable canoe with an experienced boatman/guide. Note: From time to time, the level of the river changes. If too low or the current is overly swift, we may have to cancel this segment for your safety.
- Take a self-guided stroll along our tranquil, well-maintained rainforest trail to see more wildlife and lush vegetation—weather-permitting.
Optional: Spend up to two consecutive nights at the Buttercup Inn. Only one person in your party needs to book the Insider’s Tour to book your room.
- 7:45AM Arrival time/Enjoy some Costa Rican coffee!
- 8–9 Light breakfast in dining area with Buttercup
- 9-10 Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 10–11 Visit the NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, baby jungle gym with your guide
- 11–12PM Guided river tour in a canoe
- 10:45AM Arrival time
- 11–12PM Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 12–1 Light lunch in dining area with Buttercup
- 1–2 Guided river tour in a canoe
- 2–3 Visit the NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, baby jungle gym with your guide
The order of your tour may be different, depending on weather or other conditions.
Because your tour includes a light breakfast or lunch, please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary requests (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, no added salt, etc.)
Need to know:
- Maximum 6 participants (except family/friends traveling together).
- Requires advance reservation & payment. Use form below or email Tours@SlothSanctuary.com. Reservations are held for 24 hours after PayPal invoice is issued.
- Take plenty of (non-flash) photos of sloths but, sorry, no holding or touching sloths.
- One Insider’s Breakfast Tour and one Insider’s Lunch Tour given per day, Tuesday–Sunday.
- Adults and children 13 and older: $150 USD per person
- Children 5-12: $75 USD each; under 4 years: free
- Tour may be made private if you are 5 or more adults traveling together.
- Payment is final; no refunds. If you need to cancel or change your visit, email us right away at ContactUs@SlothSanctuary.com. We will make every effort to reschedule within two years of your original arrival date, based on availability. If you cannot reschedule within that period, your payment will be considered a donation to the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica.
Book your Insider’s Tour:
Your admission/donation helps provide food, veterinary care and facilities upgrades for rescued sloths. Thank you for your support.