- “Slothpital” clinic
- NICU—infant sloths in incubators
- Nursery—rescued baby sloths
- Rehabilitation exercise & outdoor climbing practice jungle gym (weather permitting)
- Light breakfast or lunch with Buttercup™ in her hanging basket chair
- View tropical lowland rainforest wildlife and plants from aboard a stable canoe with an experienced boatman/guide. From time to time, the river’s level changes: if too low or the current too swift, we may have to cancel this segment for your well-being.
>>> Guests who book the Insider’s Tour have the option to spend up to two nights at our onsite Buttercup Inn. <<<
- 7:45AM Arrival time/Enjoy some Costa Rican coffee!
- 8–9 Light breakfast in dining area with Buttercup™
- 9–10 Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 10–11 Visit the NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, baby jungle gym (weather permitting)
- 11AM–12PM Guided river tour in a canoe
- 10:45AM Arrival time
- 11AM–12PM Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 12–1 Light lunch in dining area with Buttercup™
- 1–2 Guided river tour in a canoe
- 2–3 Visit NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, baby jungle gym (weather permitting)
The order of your tour may be different, depending on weather or other conditions.
Because your tour includes a light breakfast or lunch, please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary requests (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, no added salt, etc.)
Need to know:
- Maximum 6 participants (except family/friends traveling together).
- Requires advance reservation & payment. Use form below to check availability. Reservations held for 24 hours after PayPal invoice is issued to you. You do not need a PayPal account to pay by PayPal.
- Take plenty of (non-flash) photos of sloths during the tour, but sorry, no holding or touching sloths.
- Just one Breakfast Tour and one Lunch Tour given per day, Tuesday–Sunday.
- Adults & youths ages 13 and older: $150 USD per person
- Children age 5–12: $75 USD each
- Age 4 and younger: no charge
- Payment is final; no refunds. If you need to cancel or change your visit, email us right away at ContactUs@SlothSanctuary.com. We will make every effort to reschedule within two years of your original arrival date, based on availability. If you cannot reschedule within that period, your payment will be considered a donation to the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica.
Your admission/donation helps provide food, veterinary care and facilities upgrades for rescued sloths. We thank you for helping make this possible.
Check availability for your Insider’s Tour: