- “Slothpital” clinic
- NICU—infant sloths in incubators
- Nursery—rescued baby sloths
- Rehabilitation exercise & climbing practice area
- Light breakfast or lunch with Buttercup in her hanging basket chair
- A river tour in a comfortable canoe with an expert boatman/guide. Note: From time to time, the level of the river changes. If too low or the current overly swift, we may have to cancel the river tour for your safety.
- Stroll along our tranquil, well-maintained rainforest trail to see wildlife and lush vegetation—weather-permitting.
For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, book your Insider’s Tour plus a stay at our Buttercup Inn. Learn more here.
- 7:45AM Arrival time/Enjoy some Costa Rican coffee!
- 8–9 Light breakfast in dining area with Buttercup
- 9-10 Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 10–11 Visit the NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, exercise area with personal guide
- 11–12PM Guided river tour in a canoe
- 10:45AM Arrival time
- 11–12PM Join in with the Buttercup Tour
- 12–1 Light lunch in dining area with Buttercup
- 1–2 Guided river tour in a canoe
- 2–3 Visit the NICU, Nursery, Slothpital, exercise area with personal guide
The order of your tour may be different, depending on weather or other conditions.
Need to know:
- Requires advance reservation & payment. Use form below or send request to Tours@SlothSanctuary.com. Reservations held for 24 hours after PayPal invoice is issued.
- Take plenty of (non-flash) photos of sloths but, sorry, no holding or touching sloths.
- Maximum 6 participants (except family/friends traveling together).
- One Insider’s Breakfast Tour and one Insider’s Lunch Tour given per day, Tuesday–Sunday.
- Adults & children age 11+: $150 per person
- Children 5-10: $75 each. Under age 4: free
Your admission/donation helps provide food, veterinary care and facilities upgrades for rescued sloths. Thank you for your support.