Offered twice daily, Tuesdays through Sundays:
Breakfast Tour (7:15AM arrival) or Lunch Tour (10:45AM arrival).
Advance booking required. Please request your tour date using contact form below.
$85 Senior 65+
$75 Child/Youth age 6–18
Free for children under age 6
Children must be accompanied by adult
Learn all about your spirit animal! This “behind the scenes” tour is for the ultimate sloth fan. Tour includes:
- One hour Buttercup Tour (with other guests)
- One hour canoe ride (with other guests, up to six passengers)
- 30 minutes in the Slothpital (Clinic) and 30 minutes in the NICU in a private group
- One hour for breakfast or lunch and a visit with Buttercup
Special information to note
- Times are approximate and include movement between each segment.
- From time to time, the river’s level changes: if too low or the current too swift, we may have to cancel the canoe segment.
- Your meal is served on our riverside veranda. Please advise us in advance if you require vegan/vegetarian/dairy- or gluten-free/no added salt.
- Guides are bilingual in English and Spanish. However, many of our boatmen only speak Spanish. We hope you’ll be patient if you have questions during the canoe segment. We take pride in hiring local staff. Thank you for your understanding.
- Sorry, no touching or holding sloths, for their safety and yours
- While most of the tour is on level ground, there are a few stairs, so if you have mobility issues, please let us know and we will assist you.
Insider’s Tour Gift Certificate: Click here
To cancel or change, email us right away at ContactUs@SlothSanctuary.com. We will make every effort to reschedule within two years of your original arrival date, based on availability. If you cannot reschedule within that period, your payment will be considered a donation. Payment is final; no refunds.
Your admission/donation provides food, care and facilities upgrades for rescued sloths. Thank you for helping make this possible.