This 2-hour tour offers a superb introduction to sloths and their natural history. You will also meet and be able to photograph some of our permanent sloth residents, including Buttercup and baby sloths in our juvenile nursery.
Also included is a river tour in a stable, 6-person canoe on the Estrella River that fronts our property. Your expert guide will help you spot the astounding variety of rainforest and river flora and fauna. You might be lucky enough to see a caiman, a small crocodilian, in the water.
After your tour, weather-permitting, you’re welcome to walk along our well-maintained jungle trail, where you can see flowers, lush vegetation … probably even some sloths way up in the tree tops!
- Adults & children 11 and older: $30 per person
- Children 5–10: $15 per person
- Children 4 years and younger: free
- Groups of 10 or more with a prior reservation: $25 per person
- Student groups of 20 or more: $22 per person
- Tours begin on the hour, 8AM– 2PM, Tuesday–Sunday (closed Mondays.)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of the tour start time for registration and payment.
- Please allow sufficient time for transportation to the Sanctuary and parking.
- Advanced reservations not required.
- Up to 20 guests per tour
Thank you for choosing to tour our facility. Your admission/donation helps provide food, veterinary care and much more for our sloths. It costs over $400 annually to feed one adult sloth, and $13 for just one can of imported goat milk for one infant sloth. Your support makes a significant difference toward the sustainability of the Sloth Sanctuary and the Costa Rican rainforest.